Goals and advantages of a Trade Compliance Management System
- a personal liability of the management
- a personal liability of the customs and export control officers at management levels
- a liability of the company
- violations by executives or line employees
- the payment of fines
- complaints in customs and foreign trade audits
- the withdrawal of customs and export facilitations of procedure
- legal and organizational duties of the management and trade compliance officers
- lean “audit-proof” Trade Compliance Organization with clear competences, roles and responsibilities
- secure customs and export processes
- secure delegation and escalation channels
- confident handling of customers, suppliers, authorities and auditors
- a good, personal reputation of the management and trade compliance officers
- fines for breach of foreign trade regulations
- customs (import) duties
Hagemann Trade Compliance Consulting advises, supports and relieves you on the spot in setting up or improving a Trade Compliance Management System (TCMS) that is individually tailored to your company’s needs. It is primarily based on legal requirements, regulatory recommendations, international standards and best practices.
- Analyzing, designing, creating and establishing the TCMS structure and workflow organization, work and organizational instructions, trade compliance policies as well as the operative customs and export processes.
- Training for the management and trade compliance officers at management levels on personal liability risks, possibilities to avoid liability, delegation, remaining personal duties, TCMS organization and process design.
- Regular on-site examination of the TCMS. If necessary: Update of organizational instructions, policies and processes.